Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Homework Zone








The website I chose is The Homework Zone:  http://www.thehomeworkzone.com/index.php?keywords=websites-for-teachers


I noticed this website because it said students can post homework.  You can create a website and include lots of other things such as class list, announcements, events, study guides, etc.  It is 100% free and gives you a personal domain.  I know that Knox County schools each have a website that gives parents access to your classroom resources, but this would be a way to be creative and make it more personal.  I like that kids can turn in homework online so you can access it from anywhere and so can they.  I didn't get into the site too much because I didn't want to create a login, but from what I can tell it looks pretty good.








2 comments:

  1. I know that Knox County has been using Fusion in previous years and now they are throwing Fusion out and adopting Canvas, which is similar to Blackboard. I'm sure it would be really frustrating as a teacher to have your district adopt a new resource every few years, so it may be better just to have your own website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never been on this site until you posted it for your tech review. It does look really neat and you can make it your own. Great way for teachers to communicate with parents and students. I like that students can post homework online from anywhere and the teacher can grade it anywhere as well. And best of all, it is free! As teachers we love the word free. :)

    ReplyDelete