Monday, June 16, 2014

Tech Review




The website I chose is one that I have used quite frequently during my internship and especially now. It is a site created by teachers where you can share ideas with other teachers.  There are a variety of ways you can search for ideas.  Because I was an "unpaid" teacher, I needed to find free stuff.  You can search a subject and grade level and select "Free" and it will display all of the things you have access to for free.  There are lesson ideas, activities, free downloads that include worksheet, Power Points and more.  The site also has ideas that cost a fee that gets distributed directly to the teacher.  The cost for most are very minimal for the types of items you will have access to and be able to use in the classroom.  I know I will use this site a great deal this year with my math and social studies classes because this is the first time I will teach these subjects.  There are also posters and environmental text you can download.  Overall, I think it's one of the best resources outside of Pinterest for teachers.

Teacherspayteachers.com

2 comments:

  1. I used this website constantly throughout our internship year! It offers so many different types of resources, not just in content areas but also in classroom management. Even though I only downloaded the free resources, I like that the materials you have to pay for are inexpensive and the profit goes to a worthy recipient (other broke teachers). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this website! I had known about it for awhile but when I actually started using it I use it often. Of course I go straight for the free stuff but there are actually some reasonable priced items that I have purchased through Paypal with ease. Definitely a site all interns need to know about. Wish I had this resource when I did my internship almost 10 years ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete