Monday, June 9, 2014

Teach Review 2

Islam Project

http://www.islamproject.org/education/Lessonplans.htm


I was creating a text set for another reading class about Islam and the history of the Muslim expansion.  I really enjoyed looking through this site.  It has lots of lesson plan ideas and information for both teachers and students.  There are many different sections to choose from providing many resources.  There is a section where you can get links to other websites that are suggested and evaluated by both teachers and students.  There is a rating on each website based on feedback.  There is a video you can access for a fee, but it shows today's teens talking about being Muslim and comes with an interactive worksheet to be used in conjunction with the video.  There is an essay with an overview of the history and current information on the Muslim world.  There are several maps that show particular periods of time with a brief explanation of each.  This would be a great site to use if you were teaching this content for Social Studies or to use if you wanted students to write and learn about this period of time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this seems like a great Social Studies resource. I like that the site has a rating scale based on feedback. If most people do not give websites a good rating score, I don't give them a second glance. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds like a great resource to use when teaching a students about other nationalities. It is nice to know about the rating scale, so hopefully a lot of time is not wasted searching for reputable information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that this site shows today's teens talking about being Muslim and comes with an interactive worksheet to be used with the video. Students need to see other students' connection to their own life in regards to a topic. This is a sensitive subject for some but needs to be discussed with students in the upper grades. I think this site would be very useful to start such a discussion. Great tech review!

    ReplyDelete