Wednesday, July 24, 2013
In Summary....
When I first learned that I had to take this class as part of my studies, I remembered thinking, why do I need that class. Now I can tell you with clarity, because every teacher new and old should take this class. This is a class that should be offered for teachers just for a summer review. Maybe have it as an option in the continuing learning and just make it available to certified teachers. I know that I want to use these tools in my classroom. I just worry that I will forget how to do everything. Another idea is to create a workbook that thoroughly explains how to do these things and sell them. So, as long as I can remember how to do the projects, I will use them in my class for sure. Each one of the web tools gives you an opportunity to do something different and allows the different types of learners to experience something new which may help them uderstand something better. They are all great tools for collaborative learning, for hands on learning, better teaching techniques, and emphasize fun ways to learn. I hope that each of us use what we have learned and change the old school culture regarding lecture, blackboards, and Power Point slides. We have so much at our fingertips now and I feel like so many of us take it for granted or choose not to use it because of fear. Technology is here and there is more to come in the future. We need to embrace it and use to help our kids learn and be the best they can be!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment