Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blogging in the Classroom

http://hpscienceblog.blogspot.com/

I found this 6th grade science blog since I will be student teaching 6th grade science this fall.  I was looking through several blogs before stumbling onto this one.  It caught my eye because of the bright colors and cheerful appearance.  I think it's very important that the blogger use tools to catch their audience and making it look fun would be something important for a 6th grade student.  I liked that the teacher used current events to blog about the topic being taught.  Most of the blogs contain content information, current events, resources to look beyond what they wrote, and thought provoking questions about the subject.  When looking for a blog to write about, I did see several blogs that had the vocabulary, assignments, additional resources and information about what they were learning that day or week.  I really like that idea mixed with the current events and further explanations of the event with the thought provoking questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment