Friday, June 7, 2013
Interesting Teacher Wiki
I found a good and informative middle school science wiki which is perfect for me: Science Wiki. I hadn't thought about using something like this in my classroom until we learned about wiki in class. I know that Knox County has what they call Parent Portal and that gives student and parents access to teachers, grades, etc. I like the idea of using a wiki much better because you can personalize it much more. This wiki that I found for another teacher provides information about policies and expectations of her classroom, homework and projects students need to be working on, reminders, and additional information about the unit the class is learning. These tools can really help parents get involved in their child's classroom and assist the teacher and student by just knowing what needs to be done. I know as a parent myself that it really helps when I know what is going on in the classroom and what and when things are due. My son isn't very good at staying on task and I know this to be true for other students as well. The thing I noticed about many teacher wikis are they lack a little spunk. Sometimes I wonder if they are required to create one and do not decide to do so on their own. There isn't much creativity or time taken to create or update the presentation. I would definitely make sure that I was making the presentation desirable and the accessibility and maneuverability simple to ensure parents were able and willing to use this source.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment